陳 秀 蘭 教 授 (Professsor, Shiou-Lan Chen)
- 國防醫學院 醫學科學研究所 博 士 (PhD)
- Tel: :+886-7-3121101 ext 5092 ext 434
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Current position (現任職位):
- Head, Curriculum Section, College of Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University (KMU), Taiwan (教學組組長, 高雄醫學大學, 醫學院)
- Professor, Graduate Institute of Medicine, KMU, Taiwan (教授, 高雄醫學大學, 醫學院, 醫學研究所)
- Jointly Appointed Professor, MSc Program in Tropical Medicine, KMU, Taiwan (合聘教授, 高雄醫學大學, 醫學院, 熱帶醫學研究所)
- Jointly Appointed Researcher, Department of Medicine Research, KMU Hospital (合聘研究員, 高雄醫學大學附設醫院, 臨床醫學研究部)
Academic experiences (學術經歷):
- Associate Professor, Department of Neurology, KMU, Taiwan (副教授, 高雄醫學大學, 醫學院, 醫學研究所)
- Assistant Professor, Department of Neurology, KMU, Taiwan (助理教授, 高雄醫學大學, 醫學院, 醫學系, 神經學科)
- Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry, National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan (助理教授, 國立成功大學, 醫學院, 精神學科)
- Visiting Scholar, Institute of Pharmacology, University of Minnesota, USA (訪問學者 美國明尼蘇達大學, 藥理學所)
Research fields (研究領域):
- 疼痛控制 (pain control)
- 藥物成癮 (substance abuse)
- 神經退化性疾病 (neuronal degenerative diseases)
Representive publications: Total publications: 90 (SCI)，H-index: 17
- Chou MC†, Lee HC†, Liu YC, Yen P SY, Liu CK, Chen CH, Hsieh TH, and Chen SL*. Long-term High-fat Diet Consumption Depletes Glial Cells and Tyrosine Hydroxylase–containing Neurons in the Brain of Middle-aged Rats. 2022, Cells, 11, 295. https://doi.org/10.3390/cells11020295 (IF: 7.6).
- Liu YC, Hsiao HT, Wang J CF, Wen TC, Chen SL*. TGF-β1 in plasma and cerebrospinal fluid can be used as a biological indicator of chronic pain in patients with osteoarthritis. 2022, PLOS ONE, Jan, doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0262074 (IF:3.24, ranking: 26/72).
- Fan Y†, Chou MC†, Liu YC, Liu CK, Chen CH, Chen SL*. Intermittent Hypoxia Activates N-Methyl-D Aspartate Receptors to Induce Anxiety Behaviors in a Mouse Model of Sleep Associated Apnea. 2021, Molecular Neurobiology. 58(7):3238-3251 (IF:5.59, ranking: 61/273).
- Yen P SY†, Liu YC†, Chu CH, Chen SL*. Upregulation of glutamatergic receptors in hippocampus and locomotor hyperactivity in aged spontaneous hypertensive rat. 2021, Cellular and Molecular Neurobiology, doi: 10.1007/s10571-021-01094-3 (IF:5.05, ranking:82/273).
- Lin YS†, Liu CK†, Lee HC, Chou MC, Ke LY, Chen CH, & Chen SL*. Electronegative very-low-density lipoprotein induces brain inflammation and cognitive dysfunction in mice. 2021, Scientific Reports, 11(1):6013. (IF: 4.379, ranking: 17/73)
- Lu RB, Chang YH, Wang TY, Lee SY, Chen PS, Yang YK, Hong JS, Chen SL*. Dextromethorphan attenuated chronic valproic acid-induced neutrophils downregulation in Han Chinese patients with bipolar disorder. Clinical Psychopharmacology and Neuroscience, 2020. Feb; 18(1): 145-152. (IF: 2.567).
- LI DJ, Chen SL, Chang YP, Yen CF*. Factors Affecting Painkillers, Sedatives/Hypnotics, Nicotine, and Unhealthy Alcohol Use Among Gay and Bisexual Men in Taiwan. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2020 Jan 29;17(3) (IF: 2.9, ranking: 105/265)
- Li CL, Lee HC, Chu CH, Chou MC, Liu CK, Chen CH, Lin YS, Chen SL*. Immunoregulatory effects of very low density lipoprotein from healthy and metabolic syndrome individuals on glia. Immunobiology, 2019, 224: 632 (IF: 2.873).
- Lu RB, Lee SY, Wang TY, Chang YH, Chen PS, Chu CH, Yang YK, Hong JS, Chen SL*. Long-term heroin use was associated with the downregulation of systemic platelets, BDNF, and TGF-β1, and it contributed to the disruption of executive function in Taiwanese Han Chinese. 2017. Drug and Alcohol Dependence 179:139-145. (IF: 3.222, ranking: 4/18)
- Lee SY, Chen SL, Wang TY, Chang YH, …..Lu RB*. The COMT Val158Met Polymorphism Is Associated With Response to Add-on Dextromethorphan Treatment in Bipolar Disorder. J. Clin Psychopharmacol. 2017; 37(1):94-98. (IF: 2.891)
- Lee SY, Wang TY, Chen SL, Chang YH, ……Lu RB, Chen CS*. The correlation between plasma BDNF and cognitive function in bipolar disorder is modulated by the BDNF Val66Met polymorphism. Scientific Reports, 2016, 6:37950. (IF: 5.228).
- Wang TY, Lee SY, Chen SL, Chang YH, …..Hong JS, Lu RB*. Comparing clinical responses and the biomarkers of BDNF and cytokines between subthreshold bipolar disorder and bipolar II disorder. Scientific Reports. 2016; 6:27431. (IF: 5.228)
- Chang TT, Chen SL, Chang YH, Chen PS, ….Hong JS, Lu RB, Lee SY*. The DRD3 Ser9Gly Polymorphism Predicted Metabolic Change in Drug-Naive Patients With Bipolar II Disorder. Medicine. 2016; 95(24):e3488. (IF: 1.803)
- Lee SY#, Chen SL#, Chang YH, Chen PS, …..Hong JS & Lu RB*. Low-dose memantine attenuated methadone dose in opioid dependent patients: a 12-week double-blind randomized controlled trial. Scientific Reports. 2015, 19;5:10140. (IF: 5.228)
- Lee SY, Chen SL, Chang YH, Chu CH, …….Hong JS, Lu RB*. A Placebo-Controlled Trial of Dextromethorphan as an Adjunct in Opioid-Dependent Patients Undergoing Methadone Maintenance Treatment. International Journal of Neuropsychopharmacology. 2015; 18(7). (IF: 4.333)
- Chang YH, Chen SL, Lee SY, Chen PS, Wang TY, Lee HI, Chen KC, Yang YK, Hong JS & Lu RB*. Low-dose add-on memantine treatment may improve cognitive performance and self-reported health conditions in opioid-dependent patients undergoing methadone-maintenance-therapy. Scientific Reports. 2015; 5:9708. (IF: 5.228)
- Lee SY, Chen SL, Chang YH, Chen PS, ……Hong JS, Lu RB. ALDH2 polymorphism associated with attenuating negative symptoms in patients with schizophrenia treated with add-on dextromethorphan. J Psychiatr Res. 2015; 69:50-6. (IF: 4.465).
- Chen SL, Lee SY, Chang YH, Chen PS, Lee IH, Wang TY, Chen KC, Yang YK, Hong JS, Lu RB*. Therapeutic effects of add-on low-dose dextromethorphan plus valproic acid in bipolar disorder. 2014, European Neuropsychopharmacology. 24(11):1753-9 (IF: 5.4, R/C: 35/253).
- Lee SY, Chen SL, Chang YH, Chen PS, Huang SY…..Hong JS, Lu RB*. The effects of add-on low-dose memantine on cytokine levels in bipolar II depression: a 12-week double-blind, randomized controlled trial. J Clin Psychopharmacol. 2014; 34 (3):337-43. (IF: 3.8, R/C: 47/254).
- Chen SL*, Lee SY, Chang YH, Chu CH, Chen SH, Wang TY, Chen PS, Lee IH, Yang YK, Hong JS, Lu RB*. The BDNF Val66Met polymorphism and plasma BDNF level in Han Chinese patients with bipolar disorder, and schizophrenia. Progress in Neuro-Psyhcopharmacology and Biological Psychiatry. 2014; 51:99-104 (IF: 4.1, R/C: 36/254).
- Chen SL, Lee SY, Tao PL, …..Hong JS, Lu RB*. Dextromethorphan Attenuated Inflammation and Combined Opioid Use in Humans Undergoing Methadone Maintenance Treatment. Journal of Neuroimmune Pharmacology. 2012. 7:1025–1033 (IF:4.58, R/C: 30/261).
- Chen SL, Lee SY, Chang YH, ….Yang YK, Lu RB*. Inflammation in patients with schizophrenic: the therapeutic benefits of risperidone plus add-on dextromethorphan. Journal of Neuroimmune Pharmacology. 2012. 7(3):656–664. (IF:4.58)
- Chen SL, Tao PL, Chu CH, Chen SH, Hong JS, Lu RB*. Low-dose memantine attenuated morphine addictive behavior through its anti-inflammation and neurotrophic effects in rats. Journal of Neuroimmune Pharmacology. 2012. 7(2):444-53. (IF:4.58)
- Chen SL, Hsu KY, Huang EYK, Lu RB, Tao PL*. Low doses of dextromethorphan attenuate morphine-induced rewarding via the sigma-1 receptor at ventral tegmental area in rats. Drug and Alcohol Dependence. 2011. 117 (2-3):164-9. (SCI, IF: 3.38, Ranking: 3/14, Substance Abuse)
- Chen SL, Ma H.I., Han J.M., Lu RB, Tao PL*, Law P.Y., Loh H.H. Antinociceptive effects of morphine and naloxone in mu-opioid receptor knockout mice transfected with the MORS196A gene. Journal of biomedical science, 2010 Apr, 17:28. (SCI, IF: 1.98, Ranking: 63/112).
- Chen SL, MA HI, HAN JM, TAO PL, LAW PY, LOH H.H. DsAAV type 2-mediated gene transfer of MORS196A-EGFP into spinal cord as a pain management paradigm. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007 Dec, 104 (50), 20096-101. (SCI; IF: 9.68, Ranking: 3/55).
- Chen SL, Huang EY, Chow LH, Tao PL*. Dextromethorphan differentially affects opioid antinociception in rats. J. Pharmacol., 2005, 144(3), 400-404. (SCI; IF: 4.41, Ranking: 35/261)
International conference (within 5 years):
- Fan Y, Chou MC, Yu YA, Chu CH, Liu YC, Liu CK, Chen CH, Chen SL*. Intermittent hypoxia increases brain glutamatergic receptors and anxiety behavior in a mouse model of sleep apnea. 14th Asia Pacific Federation of Pharmacologists (APFP 2021, Taipei, Taiwan).
- Yen P SY, Liu YC, Hsieh YH, Chen SC, Chu CH, Chen SL*. Locomotor hyperactivity and up-regulation of hippocampal glutamatergic receptors in aged spontaneous hypertensive rat. 14th Asia Pacific Federation of Pharmacologists (APFP 2021, Taipei, Taiwan).
- Lu RB, Chang YH, Lee SY, Chen SL*. Dextromethorphan protect the valproic acid induced down regulation of neutrophils in patients with bipolar disorder. 2020 Japan Neuroscience meeting (online oral presentation, Japan).
- Lin YS, Lee HC, Chou MC, Liu CK, Chen CH, Ke LY, Fan Y, Chen SL*. Very-low-density lipoprotein from metabolic syndrome patient-facilitated heart dysfunction, brain microglia expression and cognitive dysfunction in mice- from heart to brain. 2019 Japan Neuroscience meeting (Toki Messe, Japan).
- Chen SL, Lin YS, Chou MC, Lee HC, Chen CH, Liu CK. Very low density lipoprotein from metabolic syndrome patients induces glia cell activation and cognitive impairment in mice. 2018 Federation of Europe Neuroscience Societies (FENS) meeting (Berlin, Germany)
- Chou MC, Chen SL, Chen CJ, Ke LY, Tsai MH, Lai CL, Chen CH, Liu CK*. Electronegative Low-Density Lipoprotein is Associated with Clinical Progression of Alzheimer’s Disease. Presented at Cell Symposia: Aging and Metabolism in Sitges, 2018, Spain. September 23-25.
- Li CL, Lin YS, Lee HC, Chen CH, Chen SL*. 2017. Negative charged very low density lipoprotein induced neuronal inflammation and cognitive dysfunction in vitro and in vivo. University of Cologne-Kaohsiung Medical University Joint Symposium (Kaohsiung, Taiwan)
- Chen SL, Lee SY, Wang TY, Li CL, Lu RB*. 2017. Plasma BDNF levels correlated to the executive function and platelet counts but not BDNF Val66Met polymorphism in Han Chinese with long term heroin used. Asia Pacific Society for alcohol and addiction research. (Taipei, Taiwan) (invited speaker)
- Chen SL*, Lee HC, Chou MC, Ke LY, Lai CL, Chen CH*, Liu CK*, 2016. Very low density-lipoprotein induced neuronal inflammation and cognitive dysfunction in mice. Neuroscience meeting (San Diego, USA)
- Chen SL*, Lu RB*, 2015. Long term opioid use induces systemic inflammation and down regulation of TGF-β1 and BDNF. Neuroscience meeting (Chicago, USA)
Domestic conference (within 5 years):
- Chen SL, Ma HI, Han JM, Tao PL, Law PY and Loh HH. (2016) DsAAV mediated gene transfer of mutant μ-opioid receptors as a pain management paradigm. The 31th Joint Annual Conference of Biomedical sciences, Taipei, Taiwan R.O.C. (invited speaker)
- Lin YS, Chou MC, Lee HC, Chen CH, Chen SL*. Very low density lipoprotein from metabolic syndrome subject induced neuronal inflammation and cognitive dysfunction in mice. 2018 生物醫學聯合會議 The 34th Joint Annual Conference of Biomedical sciences, (台北,台灣).